Thursday, February 18, 2016

The O.C.

Not the TV show. Not even close. Never really liked that show. There's a different kind of O.C. People in the food service industry will know what I'm talking about. Open to close. You come in at 9 a.m. and work until 1 a.m. the next day. Not fun. But it's kind of an industry standard. Especially in jobs like the one I work, it's just a thing you have to do sometimes.

Here's the thing--I'm pretty sure I could have gone the rest of my life without ever having that experience. There are some things I don't need to go through to feel like my life is complete. Some things are not on my bucket list. This was one of them. Except I've now done it twice in two weeks. And that's nothing. I've heard of people doing it non-stop for three weeks straight. At least one of those people wound up in the emergency room, but there it is.

That's it, really. I just wanted to vent, and thanks to any and all who listened and read, I hope you all have a good night. As for me, I'm going to try to get to bed in the next half hour or so so that I can sleep for five hours and get up early. I have to open tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment